View Single Post
Old July 10th, 2008
Cleaning Lady

ursula is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel
Question

Hi, giboni...

Listen... If you really are running all of those apps... HEY, just any two of them, simultaneously, than your nuts.

No offense, honest !
No flame intended !

uTorrent must be very much throttled-back, hmmm ? Or, you're really limiting its capacity unknowingly.

THe stress on your CPU must be ridiculous.
The number of HDDs will, without any doubt whatsoever, be seriously slowing down ALL transfers to/from any and all HDDs.
Plus, as you mention it is an 'older' machine then you will be running IDE which must result in you needing about 10 hours to burn one CD !

You briefly mention that your machine is "a few years old"...
Well, even if you went total loony when you spec'd it and bought it "a few years ago", it must be way below a basic 'low-spec' desktop of today.

Save yourself a lot of problems, huh ?

I mean, WHY could you possibly need all of those drives running at the same time ?
Do you know that ALL of your HDDs are vulnerable to 'attack' if you have them connected AND 'on' while you're connected to the net ?

You mention a 'Lited' XP Pro OS... This is a street legend con that has no validity... What you are saving with such is miniscule... Honest !

I mean, I had to read your post about 10 times... And, I still am not sure if you're not just putting us on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am certainly going to bookmark your post so that I can have a clear, albeit extreme, example of WHAT NOT TO DO......

EVER.

AND, you say that you operate as an Ultrapeer, as well !!!

C'mon...
This is a joke, right ?

uh, btw... Just exactly how old a version of BearShare is it that "seemed to connect to more hosts ?"

Kind of a giveaway there, what ?

And, last little nugget of curiousity for now... So, you're sharing over 60,000 files concurrently... Is dat rite ?

btw2... that's not gibboni by any chance, is it ?

Please.... My 'faith in humanity' is especially weak at the moment...
Please, please admit that your post is a put-on, OK ?