View Single Post
Old July 15th, 2008
Software support & Brony

cootmaster is flying high

Quote:
So it seems that some took my (and possibly others) posts about ares being dead the wrong way.
I didn't mean that the ares network was 'dead' at all.
My point was, that it seems ares is no longer being developed, since there has been no word from the devs in over a year.
That means any bugs found will probably not be fixed.
Attacks and fake file floods of the network will probably not be dealt with.
In turn that means rogue builds will slowly take over the network, since they are still being developed. At least thats how i see it. Older and more experienced users are leaving the network, and ares is left to new users trying to deal with the problems. Often that will result in bad advice, and further degrading the state of the network.
A lot of people are getting frustrated over the fact, that problems aren't getting dealt with. Of course the most dedicated users gets frustrated the most, and ultimately they will be moving on to other programs and networks.
A lot of them already has.
Now, Ares is by no means dead (yet at least) - meaning the network is still operational. You CAN get the files you're after. You CAN get the answers to your problems - unless its a new bug found.
Read the FAQ seems to be the best advice right now.

It seems this post got a bit longer than i intended, but i hope you guys get my point. Now lets al hope that the devs will come out of hiding soon, and continue working on Ares.
this might help

**SWEET MELODY**