View Single Post
Old July 17th, 2008
Cleaning Lady

ursula is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel

OK, and sorry..
You are right, I gave you way too much techno stuff to start with !

Oh, and congratualations for downloading and installing Phex instead of some of the 'others' !

Now, there is going to be nothing more simple for you to use than a program called

Ashampoo Burning Studio 7 ...
(Crazy name, huh ?)

You can download it from

here >

Ashampoo® Burning Studio 7

At its most simple you will have a free copy that you can use as a trial for 10 days... If you say yes to the question of whether or not you would like to extend this 10 day trial period to 30 days (and you are connected to the internet) then you will have a month to see if it is a good choice for you.
Nice, hmmm ?

Ashampoo will do everything you want to do in a very easy way. It is NOT complicated to use because all of the 'menus' are very clear and the Help files are very good without being overly 'technical'.

Don't get me wrong here !!! This is the program I use !!! And millions of others, also ! It is not special for 'dummies' !

The quality is tops and it is far better than the old 'best program' called Nero.

When you have installed it simply click on

Burn Or Rip Music

then

Create an Audio CD

then click on the Add button in the page that opens...

Then you must 'browse' within your computer's folders to find the .mp3 files that you want to be able to play on a normal CD...

Click Add again, if necessary, until you have selected all the songs you want for that one CD... Remember that you will normally not be able to 'add' more than about 15-17 songs per CD...

When you are finished selecting your music tracks, click on... Wait for it !...

Finish

Check to make sure you are happy with it all and then click on

Next

(You can change the sort order of the tracks. You can also click on Back if you want to Add someting else or make any other changes...)

Then you enter the real no-brainer zone where you are simply told to put a blank CD into your CD drive...

If the program reads the CD as being an OK and really blank CD you are then allowed to click on

Write

Next, make a tea or something and do NOT do anything else with your computer until the 'burning' is done... NO browsing or Skype or games or music playing or... well, DO NOTHING ELSE !!!

OK ?

Honest, if you want any advice that is more simple than this you're going to have to invite me for a long weekend !!!