View Single Post
Old July 20th, 2008
Gone on vacation fishing, forever lost at sea

Miss Ann Thrope is flying high

How is this for more regular?

Arne, just to start the discussion again, and I do appreciate that Phex is multi-platform and that multi-versions = multi-labour-----------
But, what about maybe at the minimum placing the completed downloads folder in the same folder that is used by the program itself?

In Windows this would be "normally" C:\Program Files\Phex(blah blah version number)\Downloads\"downloaded files" or whatever

Is this something that would be so difficult to code respective of the other OSs ?
And, if the answer to that last question is, yes, so what?
It is still more important that all Phex users have no problems instantly finding and opening their Phex downloads folder, right?

I have tried many times to show my friends what they need to do and if they are going to be able to access their downloads folder when I am not around to help them it means I have to leave their Windows set up to always show hidden folders. This is crazy and a for sure way to cause big big problems, right? What's that funny fuzzy not in focus icon there? I don't need that so I'll delete it.
KAPUT.

Prefs should of course be inside ..\Program Files\Phex\Prefs\ (or as an 'open file' within the Phex folder).