View Single Post
Old July 22nd, 2008
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdgray60 View Post
I am having similar problems. We have two computers that use LW. The second has Microsoft Vista on it. It was working at first. Now it says there is a firewall issue. Can't figure out where. We have turned off or disabled all the firewalls, but the message is still there and LW will not load. Any suggestions?????
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumrunner1967 View Post
I have one pc running XP home the other Vista I have tried LW 4.16 on both neither will connect so the machine running vista I upgraded to LW 4.18 still nothing. Please help
Make sure both LimeWires (LW) are not using the same connection or listening port. You can check by going to LW's menu bar, Tools > Options > Advanced > Firewall, & check both listening & connection port sections. If both LW's are using the same port for either connection or listening, then change the LW that isn't connecting to a port number between 49152 - 65535 (64049 is a good one to try.)

Don't forget VISTA has it's own firewall. Make sure it has a firewall rule allowing LW full access; User Cant Connect - LimeWire

FYI: routers will not allow two programs or two computers to use the same port number. A router will reserve one port per program per computer.

If using both LW's at the same time, your router, if wireless in particular might be struggling to cope. Wireless devices tend to be erratic & unreliable with bandwidth use.

You can also try suggestions here: http://www.gnutellaforums.com/connec...t-connect.html