View Single Post
Old July 30th, 2008
Apprentice

alf1972 is flying high

stoef: thanks for the reply but my EBR-2310 DLink router (v.2 probably) is serving via DHCP, and has given all the mac an ip address. I have a wireless Apple airport extreme modem that has the firewall and the like turned off since it's only acting as a bridge; if I turn off the wireless modem problem persists. This happens on a Mac Pro running 10.5 and a G4 running 10.4 of Mac OS. This is all recent and not sure why it suddenly started?I have UPnP enabled. At first I thought it was the airport but maybe just a new version of LW?

Lord of the Rings: thanks for the suggestion but I went to your web page and the settings were blank for setting up the router for port forwarding - Port Forwarding for the Dlink EBR-2310v2
I never had to do this before so not sure why it suddenly appeared.

I have the listening port in LW set for 16762, and set that in port forwarding and virtual server with the ip of the mac running LW. I never had to do any of this before.

When I try to do a search, LW doesn't appear to be connected and I get the message that "Limewire is currently connecting to the network....."

Also, web browsers lose connection to internet when I open LW.