View Single Post
Old August 1st, 2008
nonbeliever

The Shadow is flying high

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
HOW are you accessing your Operating System files in order to attempt to do the deletes?
My dear, I don't think anyone is thinking that you are an idiot. (Unless, of course, you actually work for Microsoft and you have been tasked with trying to find someone, hey, ANYONE, who actually knows how to successfully un-install the sh¡te updates that normally flow in and corrupt most user's computers. Are you ? No. Oh, good!)

Notice my slight emphasis on the word "how"?
I mean, if you are able to access the files of your Windows installation in order to attempt to delete possible problematic updates, then it might be fun if you tell us HOW you are doing that if your computer won't "Start".

?

And, maybe you could sort of respond to some of the points raised in the preceding posts that seem to be maybe a lot like specific questions?

What you are experiencing happens all day, every day, to 10s of thousands of people.

So, dear princess, please tell one of the dark knights here, who are really trying to help you, what the real score is- as in don't worry about blinding us with details! The more detailed information from you the easier it will be to try to help you.
And, nobody will dare to ask what b57 means unless you really get your problem solved!

btw- Is it possible that you had also installed or updated another program- either delberately or maybe without knowing- such as a JAVA or Flash Player or Adobe Reader or some "protection software"- or anything else? (Maybe even something as ridiculously unstable and user-mendacious as Limewire?)

And, a very important question- and this will certainly determine your possible idiot status- Do you use, ever, HIBERNATE MODE?
If, "Yes," - TS! (Just a thought.)