View Single Post
Old August 2nd, 2008
Riding a Pale Horse and Wielding THE Sword of the Forum

Peerless is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessb57 View Post
I have used the control panel (add or remove) to delete my updates. Yes, I do use the hibernate mode quite often, anything to save electricity!
stop using it...it causes many problems...just turn the damn machine off to save electricity..

Quote:
...I have tried shutting it down manually also to no avail.
you haven't tried hard enough...unplug the sucker..if that fails, then you either have a magical computer you bought from the same person that Jack bought his beans from or you are trolling...

Quote:
The update SP2 has been disabled because of the Embarq Online Security (which btw catches quite a few viruses, and cookie trackers).
and therein most likely is the root of your problem....disabling SP2 is just plain stupid and I'm surprised your machine runs at all as new updates are not supposed to be supported unless SP2 is present...

you've accused me of thinking you are stupid, for what I have no clue as I'm the one who pointed out you probably don't have the wherewithal to go into system files and delete updates in that fashion (i.e. I stood up for you)....

at this point I do think you are stupid...or senile...or something even more nefarious....

***please note I made this post before I was aware of The Shadow's last post...it was hung up by the forum spambuster and I just approved it for view***

my sentiments of this thread/poster remain the same

So Long and Thanks for All the Files

Beware of the big 3 insurance companies in Texas! Read your policies carefully (maybe you'll need a lawyer) Allstate, Farmers & State Farm are overextended and their 'coverage' is worthless...a true waste of your money Read This