View Single Post
Old April 9th, 2002
GDF lurker

Quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
You think you're the establishment, don't you? Did you realize you do not have the "best client"
And which one would you consider better, according to objective criteria?

Quote:
more programmers are outside the GDF, do not like your agressive politics, do not like your spyware, do not like your clustering, do not like your propaganda?
Who are those developers outside the GDF?

Quote:
You are not "working together", you are working against Gnutella idea and not even trying to change your high society behaviour.
What is the "Gnutella idea"???

Quote:
Shaking each other hands in the noble GDF and not listening to anyone else won't make yourself more atractive. Sorry, GDF was and is slow and closed minded. It is a demotiovating example how comercial vendors dominate a group of developers, inefficient and without remarkable steps forward into cool technology.
As I see it, it's not easy to change the protocol of a running network. And I don't know which remarkable step you are referring to, which is not (at least in some form) being implemented.

I don't like you. Why do you dis the LimeWire people. I mean everyone is free (as in beer) to create a fork of LimeWire and implement the features he likes.

I'm quite impressed with the work of the LimeWire developers, they managed to create a Java-application that even seems to outperform native applications like Bearshare on some systems. And they succeeded in making Gnutella the fastest growing (although mainly due to the fate of Morpheus) p2p-network, while keeping it as p2p as possible.

If you read the posts of the developers on the GDF (ok, Vinnie Falco is Vinnie Falco, and I don't like his style sometimes either) and you will see, that the posts (especially of the LimeWire staff) are very constructive. Even if I'd prefer if some people on the GDF did less talking more developing, the GDF is very resourceful for anyone participating.

If some developers won't participate, it's their decision, but personally I think that those people should simply build their own network instead of flooding gnutella with malformed requests and queries, spoiling the copyright-infringement-fun of all other users in the network.