View Single Post
Old August 30th, 2008
Mal

Dimal is flying high

Hi mariacarina43,

In the end, none of the recommendations listed either in this forum or at the Limewire forum were of any help to me, including a detailed email from the support tech's at Limewire.

I basically just scrubbed my o/s installation, reinstalled, updated to latest version of the Java runtime environment and then installed Limewire 4.18.3 from scratch. After all of this (a lot of work reinstalling all of my app's and utilities), Limewire then worked properly and has to this time.

Don't really know what went wrong as none of my other app's (including those written with Java in mind) displayed any kind of problem, and for that matter, neither did the earlier version of Limewire? I use Limewire a lot so it was important for me to get it going again, hence the 'clean install' of the o/s.

Maybe someone with a professional I.T. qualification can shed some light on what might have been happening. You may have to grit your teeth and do the same thing I did.... In the end it was the only thing that worked.

Cheers mariacarina43,
Dimal.