View Single Post
Old September 9th, 2008
Apprentice

Starfleet is flying high
Default Vista User access to Limewire 8.18.6

I have installed Limewire on 32 bit Vista SP1 using an Administrator account and all is well until I log into a Regular User Account at which point Limewire will not connect to the Gnutella network. I have returned to the Admin logon and changed the permissions of the Limewire exe in Program Files to full for the specific accounts as well as for all Users and it makes no difference.

Somehow I think the answer is partly in what you have typed below but I am just not seeing it. Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Rings View Post
1. Make sure you have Java 1.6 ((JRE) 6.0) Download Java software from Sun Microsystems & choose Offline installer.

2. Quote from one of the LW Programmers: "Vista tried to outsmart itself in dealing with folder permission problems. If a user tries to save a file to a location outside of their user directory, it will create a pseudo-directory somewhere else that only the running program will see. When that program runs, it will appear as if the file is in the expected location, but no other programs nor exploring from the desktop will see it.

If you're using Vista and want to see your files outside of LimeWire, you MUST make the save directory somewhere within your user directory."

3. Go to Desktop
Right Click On LimeWire Icon (or Installer)
Go to the Compatibility Tab
Go Down To Where It Says "Privilege Level"
Check the "Run this program as an administrator" box
Then Click "OK"
Open LimeWire
When Pop Up Asking For Security Permission Comes Up Click Allow
LimeWire Will Open and Vista Should Work