Thread: Sharing files
View Single Post
Old September 14th, 2008
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Another tip to help with uploads is to have them very descriptive so they can be found easily in searches.

For music, try to add as much information as possible in their mp3 id3 tags.

For videos or other types of files, select them from the LW Library, press the Describe button & add as much info as possible. This helps the file be found in searches because the descriptive terms can also be linked to searches.

Just be aware though that whilst you are using the Describe function in LW, the information is held within LW & sent when someone requests it. However the description is not included inside the file like id3 tags are. It's similar but a little different.

I find some of my music id3 tags don't show up in LW properly for some reason, so I use the Describe function to add such descriptions of artist, album, etc. However as suggested, that information is not actually added to the file, it is simply sent when searches come in seeking such information. I hope that makes sense. lol