View Single Post
Old September 14th, 2008
Novicius

lauder is flying high
Default Files mistakenly shared - Need help locating them on P2P network

Really not sure which area this belongs. A few spreadsheets were shared and I have spent the past 2 days installing every client I can find and have searched by document name, topic, owner, keyword etc and have not received one hit on documents.

A rather larger company is telling me they exist on the P2P network as well as many others. They are several years old but I still would like to know what is out there before I right it off as a non-issue. They searched and found hundreds according to them and they actaully read me some of the content so I know they are mine. They will not reveal what client they were using but they did say they were on the gnutella network.

Before I pay for them to disclose all the files they found, is there a way I can search across the entire p2P network in the US and try to see what is out there and how many people have it?

I'm not opposed to paying for the software if there is a tool out there that will do the job. I have tried the paid version of most of the clients and still no luck.

Help is much appreciated.