View Single Post
Old September 23rd, 2008
Novicius

macuser101 is flying high
Default Cannot open Limewire on Mac OSX 10.4.11

Hi guys. Im hoping someone can really help me..
I am a bit of a Mac novice and am having problems with Limewire. I am running Mac Tiger 10.4.11 and have downloaded the latest version of Limewire for Mac from official LW website.
When i try to install, it takes FOREVER for setup to complete, but it eventually does.
When i then go to my applications folder and double click on the LW startup icon, the LW logo bounces up and down a couple of times in my Object Dock and then disappears and the program doesn't open at all.
I thought this may be down to a Java problem, so 1) I performed a software update on my Mac and installed latest Java version. Then Limewire told me it needed v5.0 or above to work. So I went back to java and downloaded v.50 for mac, but still to no avail...
Every other program on my mac works fine - just limewire! Does anybody know what the problem could be?
Just as a final thought....
When i click on the Limewire command within the MACOS folder, this is what appears in Terminal:

[LaunchRunner Error] The main class "com.limegroup.gnutella.gui.Main" could not be found.
[JavaAppLauncher Error] CallStaticVoidMethod() threw an exception
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
at apple.launcher.LaunchRunner.run(LaunchRunner.java: 85)
at apple.launcher.LaunchRunner.callMain(LaunchRunner. java:50)
at apple.launcher.JavaApplicationLauncher.launch(Java ApplicationLauncher.java:52)
logout
[Process completed]"

Thanks so much for any help....