View Single Post
Old September 23rd, 2008
Riding a Pale Horse and Wielding THE Sword of the Forum

Peerless is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel343 View Post
Hi, I have managed to download bearshare lite 5.2.5, it is opening without getting previous said message but is not conecting the the gnutella network, i tried downloading the 'expired beta 5.1.0b25 and using bearstart utility to run it (as suggested) but it will not run as it says it has expired. Bearshare lite 5.2.5. was suggested through 'read this' link above. Now when i go open it the user account control asks me first if i will allow the 'unidentified program' to run, i allow but as said it wont connect to network.
thought i had it but obviously not..

well, every once in a while I get that message....but that's only been when my system was clogged down with other activities or needed defragmentation....so I would suggest doing a defrag on your machine (should be done monthly at least)...

again, I would NOT trust some site to have the appropriate .dll file (at least not having had a trojan added in)....ever stop to think that perhaps some malicious file is being spread which deletes the driver, which forces you to search and find a replacement (which is being provided by the dillholes who made the malicious software)????

as far as connecting...just let it keep trying...eventually you will get connected to a host...read the thread I linked to in its entirety and you will get some good tips on how to set up and run the expired beta....and remember, always use PeerGuardian2 when using any p2p program....

So Long and Thanks for All the Files

Beware of the big 3 insurance companies in Texas! Read your policies carefully (maybe you'll need a lawyer) Allstate, Farmers & State Farm are overextended and their 'coverage' is worthless...a true waste of your money Read This