View Single Post
Old September 24th, 2008
Riding a Pale Horse and Wielding THE Sword of the Forum

Peerless is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by msaerxiya69 View Post
Thank you so much peerless. I used your link and disabled a certain part of my MacAfee and it worked. It was a little tricky at first but it worked.
My last question is about preventing viruses while the part of MacAfee is disabled. Are there any files I should not download while I'm searching through bearshare? I don't want to get a virus, but you obviously need to have that one part disabled from MacAfee. Any advice on that? Also when I re-installed bearshare again and it finally worked I was prompted to block files with certain codes. Are there any that I should have blocked?
the above poster gives wise advice re:bitzi...

you haven't said (or I missed it) what part of McAfee is disabled....

if you are simply allowing certain actions by BearShare and BS only, then that is fine..one has to do the same with any firewall to allow traffic with a p2p program...if you are referring to the .dll file in specific, you should be able to put that file on the accepted list for your Anti Virus

So Long and Thanks for All the Files

Beware of the big 3 insurance companies in Texas! Read your policies carefully (maybe you'll need a lawyer) Allstate, Farmers & State Farm are overextended and their 'coverage' is worthless...a true waste of your money Read This