View Single Post
Old October 10th, 2008
Novicius

Natefame is flying high
Default I am at my witts end! I've tried everything!(to get either Lime or Frost to work)

I really hope someone can help me with my problem. I have two laptops in my house both connected using a Wireless router. One is running a version of limewire just fine, everything works great. Mine is having connection problems with Frostwire. I was trying to use Limewire but it was connecting, so I used Frost wire to help the problem but it's not working.

Here are the facts:
*I have the most recent version of Frostwire on my computer.
*I've disabled my computer firewall as well as my McAFee fire wall. Yet for some reason the frostwire icon still shows that I have a firewall.
*Every now and and then I get a turbo connection but it doesn't stay beyond a few minutes.
*When It's not connected but downloading my internet connection becomes incredibly slow unable to even open the windows to load the pages. (somethings definitely wrong)
*I recently damaged my harddrive and had to have it replaced basically having to reinstall all the programs back to factory settings.
*Limewire DID work before I sent my computer away.
*I'm incredibly frustrating and in desperate need of help!

thank you for reading. I know there's a solution but I'm wracking my brain to find out what the problem is.

EDITED A FEW HOURS LATER

I passed frustration hours ago...I think it's just defeat with honor at this point. Because I honestly feel as if I've exhausted every effort to get this work, and there's really no other options that I know of left, that I've read or tried.

I've:
*Uninstalled/reinstalled (Both limewire and frostwire) both have the exact same problem.
*Updated my java
*tried the gnutella remove/add thing
*tried changing my user setting
*tried TURNING off all the firewalls (which by the way didn't really seem to work because for some reason it was still saying that it detected a firewall)
*tried turning them on but adjusting them to allow all internet traffic.

BUT NOTHING HAS WORKED! I'm just so mentally exhausted trying to figure this out. IT doesn't make sense...
My sister and both have laptops under the same router connection, we have similar settings but for some reason she can at least access limewire and i can't at all there has to be SOMETHING that I'm missing!

if there is some angel or god of technology out there that has a possible solution to this problem I will be so grateful!

desparately seeking connection to media files,

Nathan