View Single Post
Old October 15th, 2008
Valued Member

Blackhorse 70V is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel

a1spec,

Welcome to the forum!

While LW is currently the most popular p-p program, it is not the best. So I recommend saving your $, use the basic ver or switch to Frostwire, Phex, etc.

When I got a free copy of Pro I noticed my connection went from excellent to turbo, and dl speeds increased a little bit. I don't think the increase is worth the $. The range of files available for dl will not change with Pro.

Like many here, I stopped using LW (even though my Pro still works). I was looking for movies from the 60s, and some sleeper films from the 80s. They never showed up via LW searches. I then started searching torrent sites, and found everything I had been seeking for more than a year.

LW is not a good torrent client, but it will handle a few for you. Still, I had to wait for torrent dls that were okay with LW's odd methods. So some of my cued torrents just sat there for weeks. I now use Azureus (free) and I'm very happy with it (even thuogh I have not configured my computer to take full advantage of the way torrents are shared).

Ask a simple question here, and you may not always get a simple answer. But I'll try. The answer is No.