View Single Post
Old October 28th, 2008
Airhead

birdy has a distinguished reputationbirdy has a distinguished reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by itunesLib View Post
Is the media player for LimewirePRO any good? Does it have an iTunes like library so that the playlist creation can be done within the single application without opening any folders?
Same player in basic & Pro. If the files that you want to add to a playlist aren't in LW's library (eg in shared or saved files) then you'll have to open the folders containing the files that you want to add & the drag & drop into the LW player's playlist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itunesLib View Post
Regarding the lack of a media player built in the default LimeWire version, don't the biz development people realize that they have about 70 million downloads? That's a huge 'market share' (if you will). Why end the typical user-experience at just downloading? Right now, it appears that the average user downloads a set of desired songs, shuts down LimeWire and fires up iTunes to listen to the songs and engage in all the other iTunes interactions that are commercially benefiting Apple. Imagine what leverage LimeWire could have by just offering a more decent player (e.g. library support) and keeping users.
I don't know what the developers think. Helpers on this forum don't work for LW - we're volunteers. I don't even know if the developers look at this forum any more... they certainly don't post here any more

If you want to track the progress of the player, you can check out the JIRA: https://www.limewire.org/jira/secure/QuickSearch.jspa (type 'player' into the quick search bar) and Changelog: Changelog - LimeWire (changes to player began in version 4.15.0)

Or post over here at this other forum: LimeWire Forums
Maybe a developer will answer your post over there.

Last edited by birdy; October 28th, 2008 at 07:24 PM. Reason: JIRA page didn't retain my search - added info