View Single Post
Old April 12th, 2002
Novicius

Oovermars is flying high
Default gnutella is not dead

Hio,

This thread is for all the people who think gnutella is dead and it s time to think of somethin else.
I m so unhappy that people like you morg , moak , godx are leaving now . As Gnutella is becoming more popular there is still a chance to do the Gnutella we want : ie free of $ , not dependant of 1 firm & open to every personal software . This is far away from an easy task .
This is an opportunity we on t have several times , Gnutella is well known now , fairly stable and has an "open" protocol .
Nothing is done yet , I can stay connected to bearshares nodes (I have a gnucleus clone) and I think (but ask swabby for that ) with the next version of Gnucleus the limewire "black hole" will be connectable too .
As I saw lots of messages for those problems of connections , If you don t believe me then send me a pm , and I show u there s no blackhole YET.
Lots of talented people are here , developping their own servent or just having a strong belief in gnutella , and I think there is still an opportunity to make the Gnutella we want. The solution is not to cluster more the network . Solution is to adopt with all independant people a common way to enhance the protocol and a common way to develop our clients.
Do you really think there s money to win with Gnutella ???? I don t think and I ll never bet my house on a gnutella based firm. Gnutella is just for us and I (we) never send 1 cent (eurocent) to use it .
Sorry for my english , I d prefer to say all that in my natural langage , hope I was clear enough.
If you would like to continue this thread -> #gnutelladev on ircnet
If you are not agree with all that ->#gnutelladev on ircnet , then we agree on an Unreal Tournament game and I kill you . but i am still open to discussion , Moak was not agree with me and he killed me 400 times , now I know that moak is not really human .

Oovermars