View Single Post
Old November 2nd, 2008
Apprentice

Mandii_m is flying high
Default another ...cant connect

i read the solutions in the "if lw will not connect" thread and tried but i still cant connect...in limewire it shows limewire detects a firewall but i have windows firewall off and i dont think theres anything else...i tried using frostwire and it said it couldnt detect an internet connection when my internet was working perfectly fine..

1. OS version? xp
2. What firewalls you have? none?
3. How much ram? 504 mb ram
4. Hard Disk space available? 22.8 gb
5. Connection type? cable
6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers? motorola sbg900
7. Where are you trying to connect from ? house
8. What version of LimeWire (LW) & Java do you have? limewire 4.18.8 & java 1.6.0_10
9. Who is your ISP (Internet Service Provider)? cable one
10. Do this simple test for us. Using your browser go here: http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ The page should say 'Your test worked!'. What happens when you go there? it worked
11. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? no
12. Is this a your 1st try at LW or is this a new problem with an experienced user. ive used limewire for years
13. Do you see a brick wall in front of the blue world icon at the bottom of LW's interface? yes
14. For those using a modem/router, how is your modem/router set up...are you port forwarding or is UPnP enabled?
15. What security programs are you using (antivirus etc)? i have webroot spy sweeper but its expired
16. What country are you living in? us
17. Has anything in your setup changed recently? i changed to the newer version of limewire because the older one stopped connecting but its doing the same thing