View Single Post
Old November 15th, 2008
Novicius

marsmith is flying high
Default Had to uninstall LiveWire and Java. Can you help me?

On my home PC, I run WinXP Home Edition upgraded to SP3, I am an Administrator, I have McAfee antivirus, firewall protection, cable modem is Arris modem-model # TM502G connected by port, Ram is 256.50MB and Hard Disk Space is Used-22.38GB, Free-14.87GB, Comcast is my provider and I have no connection or networking with other computers. I live in the U.S. My problem is I downloaded Java from and then I downloaded limewire basic 4.18.8. When I downloaded limewire I got two icons on my desktop, one was limewire 4.18.8 and the other was limewire.win. When I opened the limewire.win icon it just opened a small green square in the middle of my screen that said limewire basic at the top. Nothing else. So I closed it, opened the other limewire icon and it opened the limewire. I downloaded a couple songs and everything seemed to be O.K. That evening when I went back to my computer to work I got an alert to fix my security protection. When I tried to do this it would not fix. No matter what I tried it would not fix. Then I got an alert that my virtual memory was at a minimum(too low) and windows was increasing the size of my virtual memory paging file. After this was finished I tried to fix my protection status again with no luck. So I went to control panel and uninstalled both limewire and java and rebooted my computer. My protection status was enabled and running fine after reboot. I am new to limewire and java and I really want to use limewire basic. Can you tell me, What happen? Why it happen? and How do I download java and limewire basic without having this problem?
Thanks for your help! marsmith