View Single Post
Old November 15th, 2008
Apprentice

Calabrese is flying high

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySlater View Post
There is already a topic of anti-spam...
But i agree with this...

Searching on Filesize dont work, and it must work...
For update of limewire, they must make something like:
File must be bigger than < input >
File must be smaller than < input >

And not just doing it in the searchbar...

I was downloading some DBGT videos, the filesize was about 60Mb... well i just type in kbytes by Filesize... and it just search in the filename... so that really sucks...
Even though a file size filter has been heavily requested and is the only way to get rid of junk, Limewire still has not done it. The junk filter, even on the strictest setting allows the same files I marked as junk to show up again as not junk. I accidentally started a download of one of these fake tiny files and cancelled it in time. It then showed up in a search with the same word used. There was the icon next to it identifying it as a file I had cancelled in progress. If Limewire can recognize that I cancelled the download of this file, then they certainly can recognize it as the same file I marked as junk. Given these glaring facts, I am faced with an obvious conclusion. Limewire has no desire to get rid of junk. This leads me to a potential motivation on their part. I am not saying this is certain, but I do find it likely. They get paid for this. Their junk filter is garbage and their excuse for no file size filter is that they are working on a spam filter? Please, Limewire, don't bother. Work on a filesize filter. Countless users have requested this.