View Single Post
Old November 17th, 2008
Novicius

Combahusai is flying high
Unhappy

Just in case I forgot to mention it, i fall into the experienced user category. Ive been using Limewire/360share for about 4 years. Never had any issues.

Research and Knowledge:
360 share was the beta for limewire (360share was free at the time). Then the upgrades for limewire came along, which is significantly faster and more improved now I will admit. But those same patches and downloads were tested and integrated into 360share before hand. So i have a slightly different UI, but it still runs practically identical to limewire. In fact, the only difference in the UI i can find is that it says limewire in the top right corner instead of 360share.

That's the extent of my research and knowledge combined. I checked updates to make sure I haven't missed anything, and I'm up to date. I also did already go through the technical end of the forum regarding repairs and tips and etc to try and solve this. My thoughts are it could be a compatibility issue with Vista. I've tried running it compatibly with XP SP 2, and it's even worse.

(Vista is a programmer's nightmare, but a User's best friend. I like it alot. Until it does something weird like this wouldn't be the first time.)

So I'm stuck

Last edited by Combahusai; November 17th, 2008 at 06:13 PM. Reason: replaced details