View Single Post
Old November 27th, 2008
Apprentice

Calabrese is flying high

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Rings View Post
A discussion I had with one of the LW developers a couple years back was they didn't wish to bring in a size filter for the purpose of spam because spammers would simply make their spam larger. Well, spammers have already started doing this, so I guess that excuse falls by the way side now. The size filter has many purposes & some 'other' gnutella programs do have size filters for search results.

The fact is, it does not matter if someone is searching copyright material or not nowadays, junk will still show up in their search results.

A size filter I think was the first thing I requested in the main Requests thread some years ago.

Virus thread: Typical virus spam file sizes - Make a note of them (click on blue link to see)
I do my best to aid. The bitcollider is a wonderful tool. To the best of my knowledge, as long as you do not open the file, it can not harm you. I have been purposely downloading files with no review and then rating them as the crap they are. If they are a good file, I rate them as such. Apparently Limewire will not implement a filesize filter, so I do my part in identifying this to the people who bother to do a Bitzi lookup. I have noticed that a file without the first frame showing up is a fake file. Any legitimate video file should have an icon of the first frame of the video. As long as you have the proper codecs. Which I do.