View Single Post
Old November 27th, 2008
Novicius

suckitt is flying high
Default slow speed (12kb)

I have frostwire 4.13.1 using windows 2000, usi wireless modem(ruckus wireless modem) comodo firewall

I am using (usi wireless) to connect my desktop which uses a Ruckus wireless modem model #mm2211 (I think) I did for a time were recieving 50-100 kbs per download. as of this week, this has changed dramaticaly down to 12kbs. after recently changing my upload speed settings in options, (something that was suggested) it has went up to 20kbs 10kb per download (2) 8 hosts each

When getting results from speakeasy speed test, I recieve about 9000-10000 kbps on download speed, again, when downloading lately from frostwire I am only getting around 20kbs alltogether. Are there any fixes or configurations that will help. here is something that is in the providers statement. ( keep in mind I was getting great speeds with this same provider.)

No client to client traffic is allowed within the wireless network. This ensures that all traffic must past through proper firewalls and routers to gain access to any resource throughout the network. Each specific use network will also be VLANed to ensure complete separation of traffic.

Last edited by suckitt; November 27th, 2008 at 08:27 AM. Reason: firewall info