View Single Post
Old November 27th, 2008
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by stief View Post
The java is good if it works in a new account. So, the problem is in some Preference in the home account that affects java.

Which one? Nobody yet knows. Does anybody know a way to compare the Home preferences with the preferences in a new account? perhaps a list of the differences will help find the problem files.
Even though I cannot run LW 4.18 in 'any' account, my LW 4.16 did stop working in one account, so as I explained to you privately, I copied across the LW & Java preferences from one account to the other (needed to change user permissions first so they were both read & write by the main account user), and alas LW 4.16 started working again. But surprising LW 4.18 has been dead in all of my accounts. But dead was how 4.16 was in the main account for a short time. I guess there's always the possibility of installing OSX on a different drive & see if it works in there. O.o