View Single Post
Old December 4th, 2008
Novicius

xfreakazoidx is flying high

Ok. I've had Limewire for years and never really had a problem with it, nothing I couldn't fix. I even (yes I can admit it) for 2 days had the pro version (from a friend) but felt like dirt and got rid of it and am currently in the process of getting it legally. Anywho....all that time it always worked. It started up and connected usually right away. Now I haven't used it for about 6-8 weeks now.

Today I start it and it won't connect! It says it is and under the connections it just keeps loading them over and over again! I tried reinstalling it. I restarted pc. I even defragged and all that. Now I tried everything people said and no luck. Only two things I have to mention though.

1. I did a virus check yesterday (routine) and it found some H@tkey virus thing. That related to Limewire? I know some programs have things that virus scanners think are bad but they are not. Maybe I shouldn't have quarantined it?

2. The only thing I didn't try was deleting settings like was originally posted because I can't find the folder everyone is talking about! Heres my only Limewire folder:
C:\Documents and Settings\(my username)\Application Data\LimeWire

Am I suppose to delete everything in there? Because theres folder and data in there! If not what folder are you guys talking about? I even searched my computer for a ".limewire" folder and came up empty.