View Single Post
Old December 9th, 2008
Apprentice

hayley25 is flying high

I've gone to library, selected the incomplete folder, pressed explore, closed Limewire, trashed the file with Secure Empty Trash, and did the same thing in safe mode. The file keeps coming back. Why would it still be there after I've completely removed Limewire from my hard drive and re-installed it? (When I do that the file is still downloading) Another bit of information is that when I click cancel the download, and then go to my Limewire incomplete files and try to delete it there, it says "The following file could not be deleted. It may be in use by another application or is currently being downloaded to." The file size says "Zero KB on disk (Zero bytes) on my computer. I'm guessing this is because it never has even fully downloaded. But on Limewire, under the Downloads area, where it is trying to download, it says the file size is 197.7 KB.

I also tried your option of creating a document of the same name and replacing the bad file with it. It replaced it fine, but now when I open Limewire THAT file is downloading. (I used a word document to replace it, and the picture next to the download in Limewire is a Word icon type thing)

I feel like it has something to do with Limewire itself... and how it is remembering things. maybe?

I just used Secure Empty Trash to delete Limewire, the annoying file, and my Itunes Incomplete folder. They are all off my computer now, but I would love to keep using Limewire. I just know when I go to download it again that file will reappear in the Downloads box. :-/ Also, I forgot to mention that since all of this started, Limewire will not find songs when I search...

SORRY, I know this is a lot.

Last edited by hayley25; December 9th, 2008 at 10:12 AM.