View Single Post
Old December 11th, 2008
Disciple

bjswalker is flying high

Well, right after you posted this very helpful tip, I did a couple of non-document searches and got oodles of results, so success there. Then I got knocked off the computer by a monster virus of the human kind and was in the hospital until a few days ago and didn't have a chance to do searching of any kind.

So I did my first searches today for some pretty generic documents. Not by author or book title, just by publishing house, which should net me an avalanche of results to weed through. Way more than I want, but I was looking forward to this embarrassment of riches. What did I get. Nothing. Zero. Really. Nothing. Bupkus.

So I narrowed my search. Still nothing. Okay. I fired up Frostwire. One result. One. Flooding the system with my requests isn't the cause, since I was in the hospital for a week plus.

So I went through and did everything I did in my first post all over again. And nothing. Zero.

I'm a patient woman. I have a 17-yr. old son so I have to be. But I am seriously getting pissed off. This can't just be some generic problem that one or two of us is having. I know, I only paid about $35, it's not the end of the world, but I'm ripping my hair out trying to fix this thing and I'm feeling like it's MY fault that it's not working.

AAARGH (sort of menopausal vent)!

Does anyone have any new suggestions that haven't appeared on the forum, because I honest to goodness have scoured the place with a fine-toothed comb and have tried every single one of them? I would be most, most grateful.