View Single Post
Old December 22nd, 2008
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Most of the results are from earlier than LW 4.16 versions. Such versions are too often used for spamming. The way I can tell is the Speed setting on them. T1, T3, Cable are all now obsolete specifications within LW designating that those search results are from 'old' versions. I do not see one single 'Broadband' or 'Modem' connection amongst them.

My guess is you are connected to 'spam' ultrapeers. Best way to rid of them is go to Connections window, check the version they are running, if less than LW 4.18 then remove them one by one, being careful not to lose connection of course. You could even ban their ip addresses though they may be using dynamic ip's.

Here's a couple other things to try:

(a) Problems with the search, __ (b) Hostiles List

But you are saying the earlier versions are ok, but the LW 4.17 & 4.18 versions are problematic?
(BTW LW 4.17.4 & higher versions will not upload to versions earlier than 4.14.)

I rarely see such earlier versions now. Which version did you say you are using? If less than 4.18 then you should update! Otherwise if earlier than 4.14 you will never download from the later versions. I think this 'is' your problem, you are using an 'older' version of LW which now will not be properly uploaded to by the newer versions.