View Single Post
Old May 18th, 2001
Novicius

Crazy Jim is flying high
Cool I want to add some functionality to Phex

I've been interested in Gnutella technology ever since I used to play Starcraft and was designing ways of having a fair tournament without hacking.

There are many things I'd like to add to a Gnutella client, but the first and easiest would be a solid file leeching process.

Instead of a general search, you enter a search string and an extention... You click on leech and leave the room... Maybe enter how many bytes you want to dl before you call it quits.

The program will constantly be trying to download those types of programs. When your computer recieved its fill, it will switch into share mode until you come back to your puter.

I'm ok with java just a lil rusty, I want to add a button called leech, a text field for file extention, and then I'm interested in:
#1: Being able to search in a way that would be useful to retry(I heard searching the same phrase is pointless)
#2: Being able to automatically add all files from the possile search results straight into downloads.

Then maybe a way to switch into sharing mode when its over(not a priority for me)

It should be kinda easy, but I'm asking for help on what classes I should be interested in.