Thread: Y Go Pro?
View Single Post
Old April 16th, 2002
Enthusiast

GiggleSpit is flying high

Quote:
BTW -- artists get paid from radio play through the magic of ASCAP. BMI, & SESAC... It is *not* free. It is sponsored.
That is true, but what I mean is anyone can record off the radio without shelling out each time. The cost is indirect. And so it is when we pay for a song, then share it. Let's also not forget that movie channels play movies without commercial interruption. So I can record a movie to watch again for free. Pay Per View is probably highly recorded too, but none of this has slowed down hollywood. In fact, it's bigger than ever, and people STILL flock to theaters to watch, and buy overpriced popcorn and posters. So who looses? Although VCR's are designed not to copy protected tapes, movie channels give it all away, and nobody is complaining. Why aren't film makers and such all over this like the music industry is over file sharing? Does it make any difference how I get my free copy? Sure, I pay to receive the channel, or rent the movie, BUT I ALSO PAY FOR THE MUSIC CD before I share it! In either case, I pay once, then use it as I like.

BTW - hope it all works out with your 25¢ mp3's.

Last edited by GiggleSpit; April 16th, 2002 at 04:55 AM.