View Single Post
Old May 18th, 2001
Novicius

Crazy Jim is flying high
So I'm not really cohereant... This is the repost in more readable terms.

From what I understand from konrad_h's post is that Phex has the functionality for a person to select a file name, and then Phex will download that file from ANY computer, not just the one selected.

I believe expanding this functionality would be a phenomenial bonus.

The expanded functionality would be as follows:

A person can create a full list of downloads one wants and be able to save this list to load up at a later time.

This list would not be a straight list of files, but instead(due to bad file naming conventions), be a list that has items that can be combines using an or operator.

IE list would look like this:

Everything you wanted to know about Frogs.Phx
1: Frog Diary 1.htm
1: Frog Diary One.htm
2: Frog Diary 2.htm
2: Frog Diary too.htm
2: Frog Diary two.htm
2: Frog Diary to.html

The first listing is how the file would be renamed when saved on the person's own computer(helps standardize file naming too)

So when this person downloaded, regardless of which files, it'd appear as:
Frog Diary 1.htm
Frog Diary 2.htm

These files would allow the casual user to simply 2x click and get everything they want instead of doing a painful search and looking through crazy filenames and wasting time... Just 2x their list file and they're set!

To implement this, simply allow experts understand how to hand edit the file...
Later when man hours can be invested in code: List editing + List combination methods could be created. List editing could be done with creative use of the UI.

I think it'd be really awesome and draw attention to Phex... And not all to difficult to do as well... I know nothing of Phex's code though, and I'm rusty at Java so I can't implement it myself...