View Single Post
Old January 5th, 2009
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation
Default Why should I have Chat enabled if I have no desire to chat? It is to do with Sharing files!

Why should I have Chat enabled if I have no desire to chat?

Having Chat enabled for some odd reason allows the person to be Browsed with much more ease. This is especially true from the Monitor Upload window. I am aware of some people who cancel uploads to those they cannot browse from the upload window. And I have also heard reports of those who Ban users who they cannot browse. This is why it is a good idea to have Chat enabled in your LimeWire. If you do not wish to chat, then don't if you ever receive a chat invitation. Cancel any such invitation. However it is important to many others to be able to see the files of those uploading from them because tastes in files are possibly similar. It also allays thoughts that the person downloading from them is a free loader who does not share. People who have chat enabled are much easier to Browse their files. Enable Chat so people can Browse your files. That is what you would want others to do so you can browse their files right?

How to enable Chat? Go to LW's menu bar, Tools -> Options -> Chat, & check the option.

For windows that's (very old image sample btw):

For mac then:

To see if someone's LW is chat enabled, right-click (Mac Control-click) the heading bar & choose Chat from the menu options. This can be applied the search results window, download & upload windows. You will then see a Chat column. For those who have Chat enabled, you will see a yellow smiley icon.

Last edited by Lord of the Rings; January 5th, 2009 at 08:31 AM.