View Single Post
Old January 5th, 2009
Novicius

Lime_not_wanted is flying high

The bold larger print was NOT meant as shouting...sorry about that. It is just that I have had experience on some forums where a question is missed and my only intent was to highlight a question or issue.

I have used computers, including programming, selling, supporting and building PCs since 1982. But in all that time, I have NEVER had software loaded on another computer on the same WI FI connection show up on a second computer; never knew that was possible; never used or heard of the "sharing" stuff in any menu of any software.

My computer contains everything important to my business and I cannot afford to have unauthorized users get into my system and do damage. My son, a long time ago, got on Napster when spyware, adware, and probably viruses was rampant in the sharing downloads. His computer was so eat up, that we had to spend several hundred dollars to erase everything and rebuild which meant that he lost all data.

I do not know much about Limewire but I did know that it was a music downloading software not unlike Napster. When it showed up in my Itunes, I thought that I was going have major problems with my computer.

As soon as my son, the same son with the Napster problem, left home after the Christmas break from Ohio State, the icon for Limewire was gone.

I will now try to turn off the "sharing" option in my Itunes that you say is there. So that the next time he visits, I will not see the icon.