View Single Post
Old January 6th, 2009
Apprentice

mistyblueseas is flying high

What operating system are you using? If you are using Windows Vista, you are in the hurt locker. Go to your control panel and enter the Java Icon and check the about tab to see what version you have-I have 6-then click on network setting and ensure Use Browser Setting is green. While in your control panel if you have an icon for Security Centre click on this can allow Limewire as you no doubt are behind a firewall. If you do not have this icon you can double click on your Network Connections Icon and then click on the left side in Network Tasks and change "windows firewall settings" when the windows (if you are using this system) box comes up click on the "exceptions tab" and make sure Limewire is checked!!! If it is not there, you need to download it again. On a final note, I had numerous problems getting Limewire to work on my Windows XP system and if you are asking for technical support you may as well go pee into the wind lol. I do not find this site user friendly for the newbies per se. Anyways I hope this works for you let me know as I will get the thread via my email. Cheers