View Single Post
Old January 9th, 2009
Airhead

birdy has a distinguished reputationbirdy has a distinguished reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcaweston View Post
does anyone know how to destroy efreeclub?? I keep getting this nonsense when searching
There's a lot of spam on the network now. In LW go tools > options > filters > keyword. Add efreeclub to your keyword filter > Apply > ok. You shouldn't see it in your searches any more. Check out the thread below for more info, as well as a list of words that it's worth filtering out. New spam will come along but if there's a keyword associated with the files, you can always filter it out
How to find music

You could also try this hostiles list - it might cut down on the amount of spam that you see: The TechNutopia Fullsize Hostiles List for BearShare and LimeWire

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffAMC View Post
I switched from Bearshare to Limewire Pro and like it a lot better. I'm not getting a lot of search results when I should be getting way more. Does anybody know any ways to improve this?
The search has been a bit off for lots of people lately. For me, it seems that some days there aren't many results & other days there are heaps.

Click on LW's Connections tab (if you don't see a Connections tab, click on View > Show/Hide > tick Connections).
You'll see the hosts (ultrapeers) that you're connected to... right click on a host > remove. You can do that for all ultrapeers that you're connected to - they'll be replaced by new UPs. Does this help at all?

If results are reeeally sparse, try either deleting LW's preferences folder or deleting/replacing your gnutella.net file. There's info here (it's a connection probs thread but still has the info you need): If LW Will Not Connect