View Single Post
Old January 11th, 2009
Novicius

Sarahlu is flying high
Default Moved files from Limewire shared folder - now cannot play/delete them - please help

Hi,

im using Limewire version 4.18.8 and windows xp.

I donwloaded some music and then wanted to add it to my itunes. Before i did this, i copied the files from the limewire shared folder onto a folder on my desktop (dont know why i did this but i am regretting it now - at least i think this is the cause of the problem). Now i cant play the files, add them to itunes or even delete them. I get the following error messages:

When trying to add to itunes:nothing happens

When trying to play (in windows media player):
C00D11D2: Cannot access the file

Windows Media Player cannot access the file. The file might be in use, you might not have access to the computer where the file is stored, or your proxy settings might not be correct.

When trying to delete: Cannot delete ...access is denied, make sure the disk is not full or write protected and that the file is not currently in use.

I tried downloading a song again and adding it directly from the limewire shared folder and this worked fine so i think my moving it was the problem but now i cantmove them back! please help, i dont want to have to downlaod everything again!