View Single Post
Old January 12th, 2009
Riding a Pale Horse and Wielding THE Sword of the Forum

Peerless is a jewel in the rough

so your saying that you took a 1.37GB file avi file and transcoded it at a bitrate of 3470 kbits/sec and got it to only take up 4.37GB?...IC....well, I don't have that exact file, but I do know that I had to edit out a bit of a movie I recently transcoded to fit on a disc (the size of the source file is 702MB)....I just put it into Nero7 Ultra and as opposed to editing out that tad of data, I chose to let Nero reduce the quality to long play (3382 kbits/sec) and it went from 4.45GB to 3.1GB...this says to me that a 1.37 GB file is going to show ~ the same resultant file size reduction (~30%), which make it transcode to about 6.1GB...enigma should either take the time to split the file (which can cause the sound to get out of sync if not done properly) or burn to a DVD9 disc if his player will support that format of a burned disc (I have one player that will, and another that won't)

So Long and Thanks for All the Files

Beware of the big 3 insurance companies in Texas! Read your policies carefully (maybe you'll need a lawyer) Allstate, Farmers & State Farm are overextended and their 'coverage' is worthless...a true waste of your money Read This