View Single Post
Old January 13th, 2009
Disciple

lengoldstein is flying high

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepless View Post
Pretty much there is no such thing as too new as the group will need a source to make the encode.
I was referring to a screener posted only as an AVI, which he was trying to encode. Since "Zachary Zipper" is currently playing at a theater near you, it is indeed too new to have had a commercial DVD release.
Quote:
I very much doubt he is using the right settings as I have never heard of anyone using fit to disc and the finished result not fitting. Either that or the DVD-r disc being used sucks.
I agree; the only way I could approximate his problem was by changing the DVD capacity to a DVD-1, and I did warn him to check that Nero wasn't set on that. Maybe he thought DVD-1 meant "fit onto one DVD."
Quote:
A 250GB download limit is quite nice. Lots of people are more unfortunate.
True, and I'm not complaining; someone who needs to d/l more than one DVD per day should look seriously into getting a life. But if your ISP has more draconian limits you may well decide to d/l the AVI file and invest a couple of hours at home transcoding and burning it to a DVD (assuming you need DVDs because you're not fortunate enough to have a laptop with a large HD that hooks up to the TV and stereo), rather than use up your precious bandwidth GBs.

Last edited by lengoldstein; January 13th, 2009 at 12:10 PM.