View Single Post
Old January 24th, 2009
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhelms18 View Post
Router = Linksys Wireless WRT54G, 2.4GHz, 54mbps. It is routing a home network and my other computers don't have this problem. 2 using Windows XP and 2 using Vista. The other Vista is a laptop. My desktop with the problem has no firewals active.
You could try port forwarding your Linksys for that specific computer. Port forwarding is computer specific (internal ip network based.) However that might affect the other computers if they are running of UPnP & you need to switch over to port forwarding. May need to port forward each of those also (a different port for each computer.)

That model router is reknown for not working well with p2p in UPnP mode. However if it's working well for you with the other computers then I cannot argue. I presume you are interfacing them via ethernet cable rather than wirelessly. Wireless for this model router is generally not super reliable when large bandwidth is used. (symptoms of wireless unreliability: bandwidth drops ... sometimes connection stops. This model router does not handle large amounts of messages well when not port forwarded.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Famou$ Lez View Post
Can someone please help me!?!
Limewire bars arent turning green and im getting the lil brick firewall indicator.
See my previous post link.