View Single Post
Old January 30th, 2009
Apprentice

fmw42 is flying high

I had the same problem.

When I tried to run LW 4.16, I got a message from the limewire site to upgrade and that the upgrade was for Tiger or Leopard, but no mention of needing Intel hardware.

I installed it only to have it tell me that it needed Java 1.6. So I removed it and tried to run my old LW 4.16, but then it said it would not run without Java 1.6. But java 1.6 is only for Leopard.

So I trashed every file I could find manually or by Searchlight search that contained Limewire.

Then I downloaded LW 4.18.8 from the older versions page on LW site.

But when I went to install it, it first said that I had a new version when I selected the location to install and it would install the older version over it. I said OK and then tried to do the install, but then it said there was nothing to install and would not go further.

But thanks to LordOfTheRings, I finally found the LW package in the Receipts folder of my Library folder and trashed that along with everything else related to LW. That did the trick after struggling with this all afternoon and finally finding this forum and this topic.

Thanks again