View Single Post
Old January 31st, 2009
Apprentice

fmw42 is flying high
Default re: iTunes won't auto import music from Limewire

Quote:
No, the import option for iTunes within LW was only just introduced in LW version 5 beta. All that LW 4 version for windows can do is list a playlist of recently downloaded songs in iTunes. But that is simply a playlist, the actual files themselves are still within the LW download folder.
That is strange as I swear I saw the toggles in the Windows version that I helped my friend install. I will have to look again. Perhaps I am confused.

Quote:
Some people have got around this by using iTunes Music Library folder as the LW download location. I do not recommend this, however it's an option. (the reason I do not recommend it is fake files, viruses & non audio files that might be downloaded & muck up or confuse iTunes.)
16 Minutes Ago 01:04 P
Yes, I agree.

Too bad there are people out there who want to be malicious with fake songs and viruses.

I was aware of a few of them as they seem to list at the top of the search with many many sources. I am always leery of those. But seems that more and more files are bogus in one way or another. Glad I am on a Mac.

Thanks for all your help.