View Single Post
Old January 31st, 2009
Riding a Pale Horse and Wielding THE Sword of the Forum

Peerless is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Rings View Post
What assistance are you asking?
now that is the question of the year now isn't it?

I mean really, the old HDD with all of the files on it is fried...which one would assume means that all files on it are unrecoverable....

I guess this person wants God to point his finger down and magically recover the files and move them to her (Mina is a female name) new computer.....

let me ask you this Mina67, just how do you know the HDD is actually fried?

its quite possible you had a crash, and yes the OS was hosed, but what makes you decide the files on it are lost? did some 'computer techy' from Best Buy convince you of this so that you would buy a whole new machine??? I mean really, at most all you needed was a new HDD and to reload the OS...at worst that would cost $200 for a new drive and an OEM copy of your OS....The_Point being that you can probably hook the old HDD up to your new machine (which was a stupid waste of money most likely) and see if it is even recognized as a drive, at which point if it is you should be able to find some if not all of your files on it..

So Long and Thanks for All the Files

Beware of the big 3 insurance companies in Texas! Read your policies carefully (maybe you'll need a lawyer) Allstate, Farmers & State Farm are overextended and their 'coverage' is worthless...a true waste of your money Read This