View Single Post
Old May 23rd, 2001
Tmpski

Exclamation LimeWire Not Ready for Mac

LimeWire 1.4b for Mac is in itself a very good attempt for replacing "Napster", however my experience with the program on a Mac G4 has been nothing but disaster!! After 3 attempts with Ver. 1.3, and 4 attempts with 1.4b I have had nothing but Desktop and Finder corruption due to flawed programming. The longer I had the program installed the worse my machine ran. Pulling LW out and running Techtool Pro 3.0.3 and Norton 6.0 and replacing specific System files was my only salvation. Good backups of my Hard Drive were also key! It has been a very disappointing situation, because I to looked to LW as the answer to losing "Napster" I am running Mac OS 9.1, and MRJ 2.2.4! There is nothing wrong on my end. Unfortunately there are just to may flaws. My advice to Mac users is wait until the software is further debugged and refined. If you want to take chances that's fine, but understand the consequences. I will continue to try LW out as other versions are made available, but my advice to all is be carefull!!