View Single Post
Old February 20th, 2009
Novicius

speaks00 is flying high
Default Still having Frostwire connection issues

1. OS version? Windows XP, Media Center Edition, SP3
2. What firewalls you have? Personal Firewall through Norton 2008 (will soon be upgrading to 2009)
3. How much ram? 2 GB
4. Hard Disk space available? 90.9 GB
5. Connection type? Broadband
6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers? Motorola SBG900
7. Where are you trying to connect from (house, appartment complex, school, student accomodation, work, etc.)? Home
8. What version of FrostWire (FW) & Java do you have? FW 4.17.2; Java 1.6.0_11
9. Who is your ISP (Internet Service Provider)? Cable One
10. Do this simple test for us. Using your browser go here: http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ The page should say 'Your test worked!'. What happens when you go there? I got the message 'Your test worked!'
11. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? I have two laptops and one other desktop that share the cable connection. The two laptops and the other desktop connect wirelessly while my desktop has a wired connection. All to the Motorola router.
12. Is this a your 1st try at FW or is this a new problem with an experienced user. I had FW in March of 2008 (operational), but I moved to Mississippi shortly afterward. I attempted to set it up again, but got this connection problem and gave up on it.
13. Do you see a brick wall in front of the blue world icon at the bottom of FW's interface? I do have a brick infront of the world icon.
14. For those using a modem/router, how is your modem/router set up...are you port forwarding or is UPnP enabled? I have spent a good share of the morning trying to determine if I was set up for UPnP and then I also spent a good share of the afternoon attempting to port forward. Everytime I set up a static IP my machine would not connect to the internet and I would still have the same issues with not connecting.
15. What security programs are you using (antivirus etc)? I use Norton (FW is in my trusted programs section) and disable Windows Firewall.
16. What country are you living in? US
17. Has anything in your setup changed recently? Have you updated your version of FW or Java? Have you added any new software or new hardware? Have you updated any software? Have you moved house, changed internet plan or ISP etc etc? Since the last time I had the operational connection I have changed states. I installed FW just this morning to try to get this working again. I have checked for updates and have no Java updates available. No new software has been added. The biggest change from operational and non-operational is I was using my Linksys router in Missouri and Cable One required me to use their Motorola Router.

Basically, I relocated to a different state and the program no longer will connect. I just see the 5 bars (1 green, 4 red) with Starting Connection... to the right of them. Any and all help is appreciated with this. If additional information is needed please ask for it and I will do my best to provide it (I am not the most computer literate person).

Thanks,

speaks00