View Single Post
Old February 20th, 2009
Airhead

birdy has a distinguished reputationbirdy has a distinguished reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzier View Post
Hi

I'm sort of having Connections problems. It wasn't until I Unistalled The Software and Re-Installed the Software Again, that it shows Full Connection.

Thing is, I think this may be a re-occuring thing.

Does anyone Know Why that happens and What can be done to resolve it, so I don't have to keep unistalling and reinstalling everytime I want to Use LW?

Also, What is the Directory for Windows Vista?

Thanx
C:\Users\your username\AppData\Roaming\LimeWire

Check this link for more info & screenshots: LimeWire Pref Folder in Vista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-001 View Post
Does anyone have any advice on how to deal with the Limewire connection problem on Vista? I was able to connect with no problems for two years and now I can't get a connection to save my soul. All of my security programs are allowing it through, and I've used every troubleshooting recommendation I could find to no avail. It may be the clearing of the preferences thing that worked for so many of you, but Vista's documents and settings are rigged a bit differently then XP. There's a documents icon but no settings that I can find so I can't find the way to clear my limewire preferences. I'd be eternally greatful if anyone can help with this.
See my reply to Mazzier at the top of this post for location of the prefs folder.
rissa*'s suggestion of deleting/replacing the gnutella.net file is often a fix. More info's found in this thread (click on link): http://www.gnutellaforums.com/connec...tml#post298705
If you're using LW 4 then you may need to replace the gnutella.net file. If you're using LW 5 then apparently you only need to delete the file.