View Single Post
Old March 2nd, 2009
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Pro would not fix a connection problem. Put the gnutella.net file inside the preferences folder. However, LimeWire program must be closed at that time.

In your menu bar, Tools -> Options ... set it so LW connects manually, not as soon as you start the program.

Might be an idea to purge your incomplete folder. Open LW, cancel all the incomplete download files by selecting all files listed in download window & press cancel or stop (can't remember what it's called in OS 9 version.) Close LW again. Then go to the incomplete folder, remove all the incomplete files by trashing them. This will take pressure off your modem/router when LW is attempting to connect.

Then open LW, let it sit a few minutes. Then go to File menu -> Connect. Be patient for it to connect. It might take 5, 10, or even 20+ mins to connect.

If you wish to try a different Classic version, see http://www.gnutellaforums.com/genera...-see-here.html. I had good results with LW 4.0.2 but all versions worked fine. For different OS 9 systems, sometimes one version worked better than others.

BTW on my G4, I had a few classic versions installed at same time. Surprisingly, on my system at least, having different versions installed did not seem to affect the connection or anything else. However each was installed into a different location, be it different folder, partition or hard disk drive. (My very first version 4 was 4.0.4 however I cannot find which cd I backed up the installer onto. And I'm not about to pass across a much earlier version 2 I started with lol)

Last edited by Lord of the Rings; March 2nd, 2009 at 03:50 AM.