View Single Post
Old March 7th, 2009
Novicius

andre.spindler is flying high
Default New feature: make pc usable whon running limewire

Hello!

I have considered buying limewire several times. But I always refused. So now again with version 5.1.1 (free edition).

Reason:
When I start limewire, after some time it causes a CPU load of 50% on a dualcore architecture (2,2GHz). Means, that the complete power of one of the cpus is needed to run limewire. But when I'm working with limewire and it's window is open, it takes about ten seconds between the mouseclick and the reaction by limewire. And limewire isn't a realtime 3D-renderer or something else, it's only a fileshring program that sends and receives data through my network controller (I think so...).

So my conclusion is:
For me the most necessary feature is to reduce the cpu-load when running firewire. At this time, I won't spent money for limewire and get an extreme slower pc!

Btw.: I have this problem now on the 3rd hardware platform in (I think) 5 years on WinXPpro!

At the end a question abount forum management:
I had to register in two forums to post this message. Why?
Why isn't there a hint in the limewire-forum that this section resides in a different forum with separate registration process?

All in all I have to say that limewire has to improve a lot to get more userfriendly.

Greetings,
André Spindler